7 Websites for Frontend Devs
W3Schools is optimized for learning, testing, and training.
3. Developer Mozilla
The MDN Web Docs site provides information about Open Web technologies including HTML, CSS, and APIs for both Web sites and progressive web apps.
MDN consists of three parts:
- The site user interface (or UI) strings that appear on almost all MDN pages to frame the main article content and provide navigation and user controls.
- The main body of MDN pages consists of references, guides, and tutorial articles. Localization is done directly on the web.
- Macro strings are the output by macro templates that construct certain kinds of navigation, messages, or generated structures. The strings currently live on GitHub, and changes can be done through pull requests.
This website also has plenty of tutorials on different topics, such as responsive design, user interface design, and cross-browser compatibility.
Digital Ocean acquired the website in March 2022 because of its massive popularity among front end developers. Still, it is the most incredible resource on the internet to explore the tricks and tweaks of cascading style sheets. It is an excellent resource for developers with some experience with CSS to study the language further.
5. Can I use __ ?
Provides up-to-date browser support tables for support of front-end web technologies on desktop and mobile web browsers.
- Useful to web designers/developers
- Likely to be eventually implemented by the majority of browsers
- Not already fully supported in even old browsers. These features can be made searchable but will not include support tables.
A coding platform that lets you write code and host apps. It also has many educational features built-in, making it great for teachers and learners too.
Replit is a free IDE (integrated development environment) that allows users to write their own programs and code in dozens of different languages.
While traditional IDEs are software programs downloaded to a computer, Repl.it is completely web browser-based and can be accessed from any internet-enabled device such as a phone, tablet, or computer. Users can access the software by typing the name directly into their browser, replit.com.
- Instant Access to all 30 videos
- 30 days of Starter Files
- Completed HTML, CSS and JS Solutions for each day